SOLUTION MINDSET: Pivot For Success
Why do we need solution mindset?
With myriad of Tech start-ups flooding the market creating a scenario of rigorous competition, few companies stand out pushing others in the endless loop of facing the unavoidable mayhem. Survival in such testy waters takes more than good luck and abundant capital to back up.
Often the starts-up commit a common mistake of relying on everything except their own potential to endure the storm. Hence, the success rate of start-ups is not more than 10% while the rest 90% just stumble and fall. Even those which had better financial back up; especially those, as they raised funds too much too soon. Again, whether its equity or debt, one cannot rely only on outer world support, it is short lived if we don’t change gears internally at certain pace.Often the starts-up commit a common mistake of relying on everything except their own potential to endure the storm. Hence, the success rate of start-ups is not more than 10% while the rest 90% just stumble and fall. Even those which had better financial back up; especially those, as they raised funds too much too soon. Again, whether its equity or debt, one cannot rely only on outer world support, it is short lived if we don’t change gears internally at certain pace.
How to implement solution mindset?
The potential to face such scenarios lies within the company, its assets. Assets being values which are framework of the principles the company was built upon, aid in setting up objectives and the people, ones who utilise their abilities to help company attain those.
We have endured our uncertainties, persisted despite unfavourable situations, not because we were lucky few but because we had our goals aligned with our philosophy. The philosophy we believe in isn’t anything extraordinary rather essential.
Survival of any company depends upon the common beliefs shared by its people; these beliefs are reflected in every aspect of that company, be it recruiting the staff or handling projects, it’s how they set themselves apart because they have ‘Solution Mindset’ in place and work cohesively towards a planned outcome.
Crisis is faced by every organisation but what they do in that critical time is what averts the crisis. This attitude to find solutions in the time of need means having right solution mindset in place.
What is solution mindset?
Solution Mindset is a much broader concept than to come up with answers for difficult questions. It’s not about recommending solutions that we know but those that suit our customers; to be humble and learn, render customized solutions.
It is not only restricted to learning but also inspiring others. A person with solution mindset is not just a learner but majorly an optimistic person, one who is calm even in the face of diversity and handles crisis effectively.
We can collectively call them an effective leader, who sets an example for others to learn from. Encourages to be proactive and composed at the same time.
How can Solution Mindset be developed?
Acceptance and Patience are the keys to Solution Mindset, acceptance of the situation no matter how complex, and patience to remain positive and hunt for possible ways relentlessly to averse the situation with the help of the team.
With rapidly evolving technology and business landscape, it has become essential to communicate our psyche successfully across the world and that can only happen when we are able to reflect the optimism we harbour and this is also an attribute of Solution mindset.
Having a solution mindset does not mean coming up with unrealistic solutions to the existing problems, it simply could be as simple as making the situation workable or in favour of business need despite of adverse situation and decoding a challenging problem one layer at a time. It is willingness to find a way when all you could see is none.
It drives Sankey
Customer centricity is our philosophy; it’s what drives us. We take decisions keeping in mind the situation of our customer and aim to exceed their expectations. We believe the real impact is not when project is accomplished but when we make an impact on their business.
How is it different from Skillset mindset?
Most organizations set the philosophy of learn once, and apply the same lifetime, no elbow room for innovation makes for monotonous routine, driving employees to rely solely on past experience.
Skillset mindset has shorter learning period and stretched application of their learnings for long time, sometimes for lifelong. This is where it hits roadblock, as there is no scope to unlearn and learn more evolved or improved ways of solving same problem. They will have to try something new and better or this will lead to redundancy which ends up in obsoletion.
In this context Solution mindset would make one agile to adapt to changes, where they explore the gambit of possible options available to them for enhancement of their personal as well as professional goals.
A mindset is usually the differentiator, skills are usually in abundance, one can work hard and with dedicated efforts can achieve mastery over a skill but when it comes to mindset this can set apart success from ordinary.