HERE’S HOW: Data-Driven Assembly Lines are Disrupting Manufacturing!
Major manufacturers aiming to produce a larger amount of goods in a short duration often toil to grab the different ways of reducing the cost of production. However, industry 4.0 is paving its way to the higher use next wave of smarter manufacturing which is data-driven assembly line procedure because of its ability to be highly automated, efficient, and productive. Moreover, to keep things under one roof, data-driven assembly lines play a prominent role in keeping an active check over actionable and real-time insights that help the business to perform exceptional. Data-driven assembly lines can be defined as the form of the production process which includes the pre-defined sequential flow of the real-time data such as performance meter, quality check graphs, quantity graphs/meters, and other real-time insight of material data in highly meaningful, organized and effective manner. It acts as a prominent source of minimizing the CAPEX and OPEX.
Data-driven assembly line manufacturing is disrupting obsolete manufacturing practices because of its vague yet impressive improvements that significantly add to the production rate. Disruptive technologies have revitalized manufacturing at other times in history, just as the technologies that are flooding the market today such as Robotics, Automation, IoT (Internet of Things), artificial intelligence, augmented reality, and several more.
This technology of data-driven assembly line manufacturing harness the large data to make it a transparent reality during major discussions, setting ratios based on the forecasts, verifying the optimum use of resources, minimizing the CAPEX (capital expenditure) and OPEX (Operating Expenditure), understanding the focus requirement areas to maximize profits and production. The more robust and wider the perspective of data you have, the more information can be integrated into the planning and decision charts to garner profits. According to several source reports, the manufacturers have yielded around increase 30-40% of production and profits rise after implementing this technology in their businesses and witnessed a dent of about 20-25% in CAPEX.
Why choose Data-Driven assembly lines in Manufacturing?
- Transparent Visibility: Data-driven assembly line manufacturing helps the operation leaders in better understanding of the performance metrics. It ensures the accuracy of data that further helps in quick and accurate decision making. Moreover, having clearer and accurate insights with the help of KPIs ensures the focus on the poor elements and ameliorates them accordingly to enhance productivity and profits. This also helps to unveil the unseen and concealed opportunities which can help them in optimizing production yields.
- Reduction in Waste and Cost: The foremost important feature of the data-driven assembly line is that it helps to streamline the process and set up a desired sequence of production which ensures the productivity meter stays high thereafter, reducing waste during the production. Since the waste is minimized, the cost of production automatically comes down.
- IoT Technology and Predictive Analytics: Ginormous data requires machine-led algorithms to solve complex problems with the help of artificial intelligence, automation, and analytics. This technique of machine learning helps the organization to get the predictive analysis report which helps in effective decision making. It integrates the data from distribution houses, warehouses, and suppliers and updates it accurately.
- Automation: The automation helps the data to get stored accurately without errors thereby, reducing the large amount of labour work and eventually reducing OPEX. The ability of predictive analysis provides the operator with the complete data without searching for it manually. It proficiently controls the pace of the production irrespective of low-skilled workers.
- Higher Scope with Existing Resources: The quality of data analytics helps the manufacturer with the deeper prospects which introduce them with more opportunities to grab within the existing and limited resources. As alluded above, it saves the cost of production and ramps up the profit bars.
- Matching Market Trends: The data-driven assembly line conduct a critical study on the factual pattern and trends which may showcase the growing customer demands with the help of predictive analysis. Later, it helps in satisfying the quality and quantity of production according to the customer needs.
However, implementing the data-driven assembly lines technique may be challenging in a few ways because of the following:
- Irregular data intake
- Delay in the availability
- Information silos
- Security challenges
- Leveraging with changing trends
- High efforts during implementation
- The lag between data intake and availability
- The disconnect between different business functions
- Integration with the ongoing legacy system
THE TAKEAWAY: Disrupting the manufacturing with the help of data-driven assembly lines will act in constructing the profits and production at a minimal cost. Implementing the data-driven assembly lines at your business may look challenging initially. However, it will certainly reap the best insights after the successful adaptation and implementation. At the end of the day, it will end up adding a value additive framework that will add worth to the business and efforts thereby producing smarter decisions.